What is the most powerful social media strategy for your business? Easy, it isn’t just one! We have come up with five of the most powerful social media strategies in 2020 that you are missing out on. Listen up, here is how you can achieve your social media marketing goals.
- Adapt Your Content For Each Platform Your Use
One of the biggest mistakes that brands make in their social media strategy is copying and pasting their content onto various platforms as is. The reason that this is a mistake is because each platform has its own algorithm and audience.
Here are the general guidelines for the major social media platforms:
- Instagram: Videos, stories and high-resolution photos.
- Facebook: Videos and updates about your business.
- Pinterest: Infographics and step-by-step photo guides.
- LinkedIn: Company news and other professional content.
- Twitter: Company news and GIFs.
When it comes to sharing the same content to different platforms, make it more contextual depending on the page.
- Convert Customers Into Advocates
To show you the importance of this social media strategy with just one statistic: a 12% increase in advocacy can lead to a 200% increase in revenue growth. If you can convert a loyal customer into a brand advocate, actions such as spreading the word will support your business (for free!).
Here are the steps to follow in this strategy:
- Deliver proactive services
- Request feedback
- Offer loyalty memberships
- Personalise customer experience
- Engage with your following
Always keep in mind that you want your customers to know that you care and maybe, just maybe, they will take care of you in return.
- Talk to Your Audience Instead Of Trying To Sell
Replace the urge to sell your products with telling your audience stories instead. Think about it this way, why do you go on Facebook? Is it to be marketed towards or to enjoy yourself? This is where content marketing comes in, you should rather provide value and allow your following to learn new things, read stories and build a relationship with you.
- Use The Power Of Social Listening
Social listening or social monitoring is a way for you to find out what they’re saying about your brand, your industry and your competitors. This is a great way to collect data and find out what you can do to improve your social standing and create real-time marketing campaigns. Tools that can be a great help are Hootsuite and Buffer.
Other benefits of social listening include:
- Identify which social media platform is best for your brand.
- Identify brand advocates and influencers.
- Get feedback about your offerings.
- Understand what’s working and what’s not (for your competitors).
- Offer better customer service (by finding customer interactions and inquiries quickly).
- Generate quality leads.
- Include Influencer Marketing Into Your Video Marketing
Influencer marketing is poised to become a multi-trillion-dollar market this year while video content is the fastest growing content form. Incorporating one within the other will take your campaigns to the next level. The benefits that can be gained from this include increased credibility and expanded reach.
Social media can work to boost sales and improve brand awareness and these strategies will help you to benefit from a good social presence.
If you are looking to boost your revenue and grow your business, contact us today to find out how we can help you get there.